Would you like to improve the quality of your sleep? I’ve been using a recipe for well over five years that friends, co-workers, and family now use with raving reviews. A few people even stopped using Ambien.
Let’s dive in…
Before we get to the “secret sauce,” let’s cover some of the basics as a refresher. You probably know most of these, but just in case we will do a quick sit-rep.
- Try and go to bed at the same time every night
- Get some sun during the day if possible, preferably right after waking
- Limit caffeine before bed
- Daily exercise
- Establish an evening routine
- Limit screens at night and/or wear blue-blocker glasses (my favorite on this list)
- Minimize light in your room and/or wear a sleep mask
- Minimize noise or wear earplugs
- Do not hit snooze. Get up when your alarm goes off. If you only try one thing on this list, make it this.
- Make your room cold to cool. Use a chilly pad if you need to.
- Use the Calm app daily or leverage their “sleep” sounds (works great on my kids)
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I do not play one on the Internet. The following recipe is what I personally use. Consult your doctor before using it.
Before Bed Drink for Better Sleep
A few things to note here. The first is you can start with just the honey and ACV. I drank it that way for almost two years with great success.
Next is magnesium. Most of the population is deficient in magnesium, so this is a great addition. It also relieves stress better than some prescriptions.
As with any vitamin or supplement, you have to watch the balance of everything you are taking like calcium, zinc, and copper. One teaspoon is relatively mild, though, and a good starting point.
You might need to wear a diaper to bed if you start rolling out of the gate with two teaspoons. I warned you.
What's the deal with the X for the ashwagandha drops? Everyone's tolerance for ashwagandha is different. It is one of the best supplements you can take, and the secret sauce to this drink.
The bottle says 30 drops to start. I take 12. Some friends only take four drops for their cocktail. I took 20 drops the first day I tried it and really regretted not having Pink Floyd's The Wall while washing the car.
Never again. Well, maybe...
I highly recommend that Nature's Answer brand, though, as the quality really varies with this supplement.
So there you have it. You're welcome. <--- Because I know it will work for you. Cheers.